Ouano Avenue’s north lane open for traffic

By Morexette Marie B. Erram and Delta Derycka Letigio |July 12,2018 - 08:25 PM

The northbound lane of Ouano Avenue in Mandaue City is now open to traffic as the Department of Public Works and Highways regional office (DPWH–7) proceeded with the second phase of its rehabilitation.

“Since last week, we already started with Phase 2. Phase 1 is concrete paving, and it’s already completed. For Phase 2, we started excavating already,” said Regional DPWH Director Ador Canlas.

Canlas said the P169-million rehabilitation project of the eight-lane expressway in Mandaue City is already 25 percent complete with Phase 1 completed in two months.

The first phase consisted of the rehabilitation of three inner lanes for vehicles coming from Cebu City and going to Mandaue City.

The outermost lane was kept open to light vehicles like motorcycles and cars.

Six-wheeler trucks and buses headed further north to mainland Cebu were diverted to both M. Logarta Avenue and F. Zuellig Avenue.

The second phase meant closing the three inner-most lanes of the southbound portion of Ouano Ave. while two lanes of its northbound portion was opened for traffic.

F. Zuellig Avenue will remain open for traffic for Phase 2.

Glenn Antigua, chief of the Traffic Enforcement Agency of Mandaue (Team), said they will continue to deploy 10 traffic enforcers in areas near Ouano Avenue in order to ensure smooth traffic flow there.

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.