Tabuelan fire spark blackout

By Morexette Marie B. Erram |December 07,2017 - 09:53 PM

At least two barangays in Tabuelan town, northwestern Cebu, suffered a blackout yesterday, after fire razed a house in Barangay Poblacion and destroyed an electric post.

Barangays Poblacion and Putat had no electricity for more than half a day starting at around 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday when the fire broke out in the house of one Armingle Arindayen.

No one was reported injured.

“After that, there was no electricity in the entire Barangay Poblacion. It resumed around 8 a.m. (Thursday) but just a few seconds. It fully went back at past 12 noon,” said FO1 Almar Vocado, an officer of the Tabuelan fire station.

According to Marissa Dela Cruz of the Cebu Electric Cooperative 2 (Cebeco – 2), the fire badly damaged the post, and melted electrical wires which were supposed to distribute power to barangays Poblacion and Putat.

Dela Cruz said that as soon as the fire was put out , Cebeco-2 engineers and linemen started working to replace the burnt wires, and repair the damaged post.


Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.