DILG: No suspension order against Tomas yet

By: Morexette Marie B. Erram and Jessa Mae O. Sotto August 01,2018 - 05:06 PM

Mayor Tomas Osmeña will remain as Cebu City mayor until a suspension order is served against him.

But as of Wednesday, the Cebu City office of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) have not received any suspension order against the mayor, said office head Joy Calvo.

“So far, there’s none. We called the regional office (DILG – 7) and they told us that they have not received any suspension order too,” said Calvo.

At least eight administrative cases against Osmeña filed by different individuals and groups have remained pending before the Office of the President.

Rumors have been circulating lately on the mayor’s impending suspension.

Such rumors resurfaced today.

But Osmeña said this does not worry him.

“So? I could be standing outside and lightning may strike me. Am I going to worry about that? When it happens, it happens. I will react to it when it happens,” was Osmeña’s reply when sought for comment.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: AGAINST, DILG, Order, Tomas, yet

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.