More police patrols in mountain barangays help ease Sudlon brgy chief’s fears
CEBU CITY, Philippines — The barangay chief of Sudlon II in Cebu City has noticed of an increase of police visibility in the barangay since the strafing incident on April 4.
Sudlon II Barangay Captain Priscillo Albores said in an interview with CDN Digital that at least two policeman would now go on shifts patrolling the barangay, which had eased their fears of another attack.
Albores said that although he and his family were still living in fear, but they chose to stay in the house despite any possible attack.
He also said that the police had not communicated any update about the investigation of the incident, but he was hoping that they would hasten the investigation.
“Nanghinaot lang ko nga paspasan nila kay wala man gyod mi kahibalo kinsa to (We hope that they would hasten the investigation because we don’t really have any idea who attacked our home),” said Albores.
Albores was in the Cebu City Hall on April 8 for the City and Barangay Anti-Drug Advisory Councils meeting.
He also took the opportunity to discuss with ex-officio Councilor Franklyn Ong, Association of Barangay Councils (ABC) Cebu City president, on the security of the mountain barangays.
Ong said the procurement of closed-circuit televisions had already been approved by the council, but this might be affected by the Commission on Election (Comelec) ban on releasing of funds.
The CCTVs would have helped secure the mountain barangays from any other possible attacks.
Aside from these equipment, Ong said they were also looking into other security measures such as the tanods to provide safety for the barangay officials.
Despite the incidents, Ong still encouraged the public to patiently wait for the investigation of the police so that the motives of the attacks could be properly established whether they were politically motivated or not./dbs
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.