Kinds of quarantine ‘tributes’
CEBU CITY, Philippines—With the implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine, each household is only allowed one person to go out to buy basic necessities and do important transactions be it in grocery stores, markets, pharmacies or even banks.
And with this, netizens were quick to claim that these persons who are assigned to do risky tasks outside are the “tributes.”
A “tribute” dates back to when Katniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games voluntarily submitted herself to participate in the games instead of her sister.
And with what’s happening now, netizens who have the unenviable task of doing outside errands are calling themselves as the “tribute” of their family. Just for fun, of course.
Let’s get to know the different “tributes” in every family:
- The drivers— with no public transport, it would be doubly hard to carry around those groceries and having to walk your way home. That’s why you will be needing someone who can drive to do things for you.
- Dads and husbands— since the load consists of grocery items intended for a week, it is but fitting to let the man of the house be the “tribute”. Aside from the fact that they are physically stronger than the moms, dads are the man of the house and would do anything to protect the people he loves including doing the heavier stuff.
- Employees— while others are enjoying the comforts of their own homes while working due to the work-from-home arrangement, there are still employees who need to get out of the house to work. Because of this, they are also assigned additional tasks done outside of the house.
- The know it all— yes, in our household we have that one person who seems to know everything. This time of COVID-19 is the perfect time for them to shine and use their smart alecks to render quick-fix solutions.
- The cook— These times when we are all confined to our homes, it is indeed a huge advantage to have someone aside from mom and grandma who knows how to do magic in the kitchen. With this kind of “tribute” on hand, you are spared the anxiety of what to prepare when the next meal time arrives.
“Tributes” indeed play a crucial role to ensure our continued survival in this time of fear and dread. That’s why when this is all over, the entire family should take time to pay tribute to our brave and gallant “tributes.” For without them, this whole crisis would have taken a more morbid turn.
Stay safe, everyone! /rcg
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.