DOLE-7 releases over P61M to TUPAD beneficiaries
CEBU CITY—The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in Central Visayas paid over P61 million to over 15,000 workers in the informal sector under the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD).
The TUPAD beneficiaries joined the disinfection/sanitation project under the TUPAD Barangay Ko, Bahay Ko (BKBK), said DOLE-7 Regional Director Salome Siaton.
The TUPAD #BKBK program, now on its on-going implementation, has the DOLE-7 shell out at total of P61,318,620 as of May 6, 2020, Siaton said.
The bulk of this amount or P60,866,640 was spent for the wages of beneficiaries, she said.
Read more: DOLE-7 on TUPAD program
Workers, who worked for four hours daily for 10 days, were paid using the highest prescribed minimum wage rate applicable in the region, which is P404 per day.
The TUPAD #BKBK caters to the workers in the informal sector, whose income has been affected after the declaration of the enhanced community quarantine (EQC) due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Siaton said that workers, who could avail the program would include the following: self-employed, occasional workers, house helpers, transport drivers (PUVs, pedicabs, tricycle drivers, etc.), small enterprise operators, home workers, sub-minimum wage workers, farmers, vendors, and fishermen, among others.
The local government units (LGUs) through their barangays or respective Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs) are in-charge of identifying beneficiaries. The LGUs are also required to submit the complete documentary requirements to DOLE field offices in their areas.
Questions could be coursed through or sent to the following:
• LGUs/PESOs/barangays located within the Cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu- (032) 234-3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
• LGUs/PESOs/barangays in Cebu Province outside the Cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu- (032) 266-7424 or email@example.com;
• LGUs/PESOs/barangays located in the Province of Negros Oriental- (035) 226-2778 / (035) 422-9741/ firstname.lastname@example.org;
• LGUs/PESOs/barangays located in Siquijor (035) 480-9244 or email@example.com; and,
• LGUs/PESOs/barangays located in Bohol- (038) 501-0277 and (038) 411-0806 or firstname.lastname@example.org. /dbs
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.