Foreigner among new COVID-19 cases in Dalaguete
CEBU CITY, Philippines — A 52-year-old male foreigner is among the two new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients recorded in Dalaguete town of southeastern Cebu.
Dalaguete Mayor Jeffrey Belciña, in an official statement issued on Friday, July 3, announced their town logged two new COVID-19 patients.
The foreigner from Sitio-Solong-on in Barangay Tapon, whose nationality was not disclosed, began showing symptoms of the disease last June 29 and underwent swab test the next day, June 30, said Belciña.
“Aduna siyay travel history sa Carcar City. Karong adlawa, July 3, gipahibalo ang atong Municipal Health Office (MHO) sa taga Provincial Health Office nga nagpositibo siya sa COVID-19,” Belciña stated.
(He has travel history in Carcar City. Today, July 3, the Provincial Health Office informed our Municipal Health Office that he tested positive for COVID-19.)
The other new COVID-19 patients, according to the mayor, is a 50-year-old man residing in Sitio Labangon, Barangay Labangon.
Belciña said he was a direct contact of the town’s previously confirmed patient. He said the new patient was also symptomatic.
“Nagpakita pud kini ug symptoms pag June 29 ug gi swab pag June 30 (He began showing symptoms last June 29 and he underwent swab tests on June 30),” he added.
Dalaguete is a first-class municipality located 90 kilometers southeast of Cebu City. /dbs
Note: This is a rectified version of a previously published story that has already been deleted. In the previous story, it stated that the new COVID-19 patients are from Alcoy town. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has brought.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.