805 health protocol violators apprehended over the weekend in Cebu City

By: Pegeen Maisie M. Sararaña - Multimedia Reporter - CDN Digital | January 24,2022 - 04:21 PM
establishments

Screengrabbed form CCPO live video on Oplan Bulabog on December 4, 2021.

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A total of 805 violators, including 95 rescued minors, were apprehended during the three-day long Oplan Bulabog here.

Of the 805 violators recorded from January 21 to 23, 2022, majority, or 291 of them, were both apprehended and rescued on Saturday, January 22, said Police Lieutenant Colonel Maria Theresa Macatangay, information officer of the Cebu City Police Office.

Macatangay further said that on Friday night, January 21, police apprehended 197 adults and rescued 17 minors. On Saturday, January 22, a total of 334 adult violators were apprehended and 29 minors rescued. Their recent operation on Sunday night, January 23, they also apprehended 180 adults and rescued 48 minors.

Of the total violations, 592 fall on failure to follow the curfew ordinance and the rest were those not wearing face masks.

Police have been anticipating many violators during weekends as they expected people to be mostly out. However, from the said period, Macatangay expressed that this decreasing number of violations is already ‘very rewarding’ for them since most are now compliant with the minimum health standard protocols implemented.

However, as Cebu City still experiences a case surge of COVID-19 and is under Alert Level 3, Macatangay said that Police Colonel Ernesto Tagle, CCPO’s director, has already directed all the 11 station commanders, including personnel of the city’s Mobile Force Company to intensify their visits and monitoring to interior portions of their respective areas of jurisdiction.

Earlier, Police Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, deputy director for operations of CCPO, assessed that their strict implementation of health protocols has been an effective measure when the city also experienced case surge last year.

As they would want to lower the COVID-19 cases in Cebu City, Macatangay, for her part, expressed the need for cooperation among the public, barangay officials, the youth, and the law enforcement agencies in attaining this.

“Usahay man gud ang sakit nato, pag naay pulis, manago ta. Paglabaynsa pulis, manggawas pa gyud ig balik. Again, we will not win if waly partisipasyin sa mga ginikanan, sa opisyales sa barangay, labi na atoang members sa SK,” she added.

(Sometimes, what’s wrong with us is that of there are policemen, we hide. Once police will no longer be around, we again stay outdoors. Again, we will not win with no participation from the parents, barangay officials, especially with the SK members.)

/bmjo

READ MORE:

In Barangay Guadalupe, police to focus on Oplan Bulabog to help lower COVID-19 cases 

 

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: CCPO, Cebu City, COVID-19 reponse, health protocol violators

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.