Lapu-Lapu issues rerouting for Traslacion
LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines — The Lapu-Lapu City Government has issued a traffic advisory for the upcoming Traslacion 2023 on December 13, 2023.
During the activity, which will start at 11:00 p.m., several roads will be closed to motorists.
From the St. Joseph Parish National Shrine in Mandaue City, the miraculous image of the Sr. Sto. Niño will be transported to the Nuestra Señora de la Regla Parish-National Shrine in Barangay Poblacion, Lapu-Lapu City through a motorcade.
Due to this, the following roads will be closed:
• Whole stretch of G.Y. Dela Serna (from the corner of Mantaue road up to the corner of P. Rodriguez St. Looc,)
• The whole stretch of P. Rodriguez St. up to the corner of G.Y. Dela Serna St. from 1st street of Canjulao junction A.Tumulak St. corner.
• S. Osmeña St. from the corner of Ceres road towards G.Y. Dela Serna St.
The City Traffic Management System (CTMS) has also advised motorists to take the following route:
• MI 03B shall take Hoops Dome Road and vice versa until the termination of the Traslacion
• All PUJ/FILCAB bound to Pub. Market shall take MVP AVE, turn right Sangi Road straight towards Caltex Pta. Rizal as their temporary loading and unloading Area., then back to destinations
• All MI 03A (Cordova Pub. Market Bound ) temporary loading & unloading area at the corner of Caltex Chevron road corner P. Rodriguez St.
• All Private Vehicles are advised to take any alternative route in going to their desired destinations especially going to Cebu City and Mandaue
• All tricycles bound for Barios will temporarily load and unload their passengers at Gusa Humay-Humay Basketball Court
• All tricycles bound for Babag will temporarily load and unload their passengers at Converging Area at P. Rodriguez corner Dad Cleland st. Lapu-Lapu City.
Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan said that during the Traslacion, they will also conduct a short program at the foot of the bridge, wherein the local government unit (LGU) will formally receive the miraculous image.
“The local government maoy modawat sa maong Balaang Bata, padulong na ngadto sa simbahan sa Nuestra Señora,” Chan said.
Chan added that they will also escort the image from the Nuestra Señora de la Regla Parish-National Shrine to the Naval Forces Central (NAVFORCEN) after the 4:00 a.m. mass on January 14, 2023, for the fluvial procession.
From the NAVFORCEN, the image will be transported to Pier 1 in Cebu City and it will be followed by a foot procession to the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño. /rcg
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.