Bar girl says Fuente station chief molested her
First, the death of an 11-year-old street child.
Now it’s a 23-year-old bar girl airing a complaint about how the chief of the Fuente police station allegedly took advantage and molested her after she was apprehended .
In a radio interview, the woman said she and six others were apprehended by Tiu’s team in Mango Avenue (Gen. Maxilom Street) late last year.
They were brought to the Fuente police precinct where she promised to stop moonlighting as a sex worker.
“Gipa tagsa-tagsa mi og pasud sa iyang opisina (He had us enter his office one by one),” the woman said.
Once inside, the woman said Tiu told her to pay a fine or do what he orders.
So she obeyed and performed sexual favors at gunpoint.
She said Tiu and his men later molested her.
When asked why she only came forward now, the woman said she kept silent for fear of reprisal.
The bar girl was interviewed by reporter Arnold Bustamante of the Cebu Catholic TV network (CCTN).
She was emboldened to talk about it after the controversy broke over the death of a child beggar, who was detained in the Fuente Station on Easter Sunday and was allegedly mauled there.
The bar attendant said she was apprehended again by the Fuente police last January for vagrancy but this time refused Tiu’s request for sexual services. She ended up in detention for a while.
Tiu has not shown himself since last Monday, when he started a month-long vacation leave with plans to take his family to the United States on holiday.
READ: Fuente chief on vacation
The chief of the Regional Investigation and Detection Management Branch (RIDMB) said the woman can file a complaint.
“We can invite her to visit our office or the Women and Children Protection Desk (WCPD), so we can get her affidavit and start a formal investigation,” Senior Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas, RIDMB chief, told reporters.
Lawas said his office received five to six complaints since last year against Tiu concerning police misconduct and violation of procedures in handling women and children in conflict with the law since last year.
Cebu Daily News asked to see the documents but Lawas said they are consolidating it. He said some of them, like the Chastity Mirabiles case, are being used in a summary hearing.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.