Boy died, girl injured in electric post collapse

By: Chito O. Aragon July 08,2015 - 05:12 PM

A boy died and another girl was injured when an electric post fell near them while they were at a barbecue stand in barangay Tinago, Cebu City at 9:30 p.m. last Tuesday.
veco post
Ralph Bureros, and Desiree Ambros, both 13 years old were at the barbecue stand when an electric post of the Visayan Electric Co. (Veco) fell on them.

The improvised barbecue stand toppled and broke into pieces. The wood from the barbecue stand pierced Bureros in the chest, killing him.

SPO4 Alex Dacua said the boy died on arrival at the Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC). Ambros however sustained minor injuries in the head.

Dauca said based on their initial investigation, the electric post may have loosened since the wires attached to it were hit by passing trucks. The incident was recorded by a security camera of a nearby establishment.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: accident, children, collapse, electric post, Tinago, Veco post

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.