Ouano family seeks prayers, quells rumors

By: Victor Anthony V. Silva February 22,2016 - 10:19 PM

THE family of Cebu Provincial Board (PB) Member Thadeo Ouano asked for prayers from the public amid rumors of his supposed death.

In an official statement, the Ouano family said, “It is sad to note that rumors had been spread many times over in a span of weeks regarding the supposed ‘death’ of our father.”

“Contrary to the malicious intrigue, our father, although suffering an illness that he publicly admitted, is alive,” the statement read.

Instead of hurting their family and relatives more, the Ouanos requested for prayers that everything will turn out well.

PB Member Arleigh Sitoy, Ouano’s fellow 6th district representative, said he had a text conversation with Ouano last week, in which they both encouraged each other to “fight.”

Sitoy underwent heart bypass surgery last December and has to be wheeled into the session hall.

Ouano was last seen during the PB’s regular session on Jan. 17, after which he admitted that he was suffering from prostate cancer. He said he was “recovering,” but did not elaborate.

Ouano lost weight, his hair shorter and white and his scalp almost visible. Before Ouano showed up in session last January, he was absent for three months.

Since his appearance on Jan. 17, he has not been seen in the session hall again, but he has been filing resolutions.

Ouano is seeking reelection for a third term this year under the banner of the Garcia-led One Cebu instead of the Liberal Party.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.