cdn mobile

Senior lands in hospital for burns

By: Norman V. Mendoza March 10,2016 - 11:27 AM

AN elderly resident sustained first degree burns on his head after saving his year-old grandchild from their burning house in sitio Tinago, barangay Alang-Alang in Mandaue City Thursday morning.

The 79-year-old victim Tomas Precillas was rushed to the Mandaue City Hospital.

A short circuit in a room inside Prescillas’ rented house sparked a fire at 9 a.m. and spread to the adjacent room occupied by his grandchild.

The fire also damaged a nearby house.

Prescillas was outside when the fire broke.

On seeing the commotion caused by the fire he ran inside the house and rescued his two grandchildren aged five and two years old who were playing in their living room.

He later fetched the one-year-old child who was inside one of their bedrooms that already was on fire.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Alang-Alang, fire, Mandaue City, Mandaue City Hospital

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.