Rama voices concern on job order workers, village chiefs
He may be unable to serve out his term due to his suspension, which lasts until June 30, but that doesn’t mean outgoing Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama isn’t keeping tabs on City Hall.
And based on what he’s heard from some trusted people, such as the termination of job order workers and the charges filed against barangay officials who refused to return their city issued vehicles, Rama said City Hall is “not quite well.”
Rama said he met with his lawyers to ask for feedback.
“I am still the mayor though suspended but still it doesn’t mean that I will be oblivious to what’s going on,” he said.
“Considering I am still around, obviously we’ll also be connecting (to the people in City Hall) just for purposes of being guided by,” the mayor said.
He told Cebu Daily News that he cannot reveal what he discussed with his people last Tuesday in his home at the Rama Compound.
“The signals that we receive are not quite good. I cannot be too revealing because I know that my opponent (is monitoring) but as I’ve said it speaks not quite well with what has been transpiring,” he said.
He said he had been telling people at City Hall that he is still around.
“I have been telling them that I’m not going to be cutting the umbilical cord,” Rama said.
Rama’s former chief of staff lawyer Dominic Diño said the mayor is concerned over the termination of 760 JOs last month.
“He said they were just victims of partisan politics. Those employees were doing their jobs and not politicking. It’s just that they were identified with Team Rama. They have nowhere to go to,” he said.
When asked for her response, Cebu City acting Mayor Margot Osmeña said Rama is “entitled to his own opinion.”
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.