Groups refute Marcos claim of cheating in Cebu
GROUPS opposed to vice presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. said last week that his claims of “irregularities” in the May 9 automated elections are a “figment of his imagination.”
Noel Tabasa, the spokesperson of the Anti-Bongbong Coalition (ABC), said Marcos cannot claim that he was cheated in Cebu since the Cebuano voters have always been anti-Marcos.
“I don’t think Cebuanos cheated BBM (BongBong Marcos) because a big majority did not vote for BBM. What was there to cheat in the first place when a big majority of the Cebuanos did not vote for him?” Tabasa said.
He said Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano had more votes than Marcos.
“If we follow his reasoning, then Cayetano also cheated? So everywhere else in the country he was cheated?” Tabasa said.
Lawyer Democrito Barcenas, convenor of the Mar-Leni movement in Cebu, said the younger Marcos should not be surprised why most Cebuanos rejected him at the elections.
“We cannot forget the horrors of Martial Law and Marcos Sr.’s plunder of the nation’s wealth for which Bongbong refuses to apologize nor return the people’s money,” he said. Barcenas said it is unthinkable that Vice President Leni Robredo would cheat in the elections.
“Marcos is a poor loser. He cannot accept defeat gracefully,” Barcenas said.
Marcos went to the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday to file an election protest against Robredo.
He said Robredo’s votes were “products of electoral fraud and irregularities.”
Marcos said he also wanted the reopening of ballot boxes in each of the 36,465 clustered precincts in Cebu province as well as in the cities of Cebu and Lapu-Lapu.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.