Fire razes Lapu City apartment
A fire burned down a two-story apartment at the Yampoy and Ngujo Compound in Barangay Poblacion, Lapu-Lapu City at past 8 a.m. yesterday.
The Lapu-Lapu City Fire Department said the fire originated from the unit rented by Fidji and Rexon Castro.
Fire investigator SFO1 Hadjiludin Samonte said an electric fan overheated and caused the fire that burned several items inside Castro’s unit.
The fire spread to other rooms, causing the occupants to rush outside carrying their belongings.
Fire trucks arrived before 9 a.m. and they put out the fire at 11 a.m. Damages were pegged at 80,000.
“Nakaabot na mi sa area three minutes after nakadawat mi og tawag pero nideretso and first responding fire truck sa Ngujo compound kay visible man kaayo ang kayo didto, although ang origin diay kay didto sa Yampoy compound nga tuyokon pa sa likod nga agianan (We arrived in the area three minutes after we received the call but the first responding fire trucks went directly to Ngujo compound as the fire was very visible there, though the origin was on the other road),” SFO1 Climaco Salisid said.
No one was hurt.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.