Capitol to lead quake drill
THE public is advised to reschedule their appointments at the Cebu Provincial Capitol today (Friday) as the provincial government will lead the country as it undertakes the 1st Quarter National Earthquake Drill.
The Cebu provincial government has been chosen as the venue for the ceremonial pressing of the “Push Button,” which will signify the start of the activity across the country.
The drill, which will last from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., is part of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council’s (NDRRMC) efforts to educate the public on what to do in case a major tremor hits the country.
According to Rhafael Luche of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO), they had already coordinated with the different department heads within the Capitol so that they could inform their respective clients as to the service interruption that is expected during the drill.
“Also in our planning, we had advised that each department heads to advise their clients to reschedule their visit to Capitol tomorrow kay mabalda g’yud ang ilahang mga transactions (because their transactions would be affected),” he said.
Luche said that during the previous year’s earthquake drill, which was unannounced, several clients had complained because some of them had to travel far only to have their transactions disrupted because of the activity.
This year’s drill will be held at the Cebu Capitol grounds, preselected areas in Sugbo South Road Properties, Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center, Cebu City Medical Center and in the Armed Forces of the Philippines Central Command Headquarters in Lahug.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.