Fire hits uptown hotel in Cebu City
CEBU CITY- No one was reported injured in a fire that struck the storage room of a hotel in uptown Cebu City on Tuesday dawn, prompting guests to quickly vacate the place for safety.
Firefighters managed to control the blaze at the basement 2 of Crown Regency Hotel and Towers along Osmeňa Boulevard in Cebu City at 5:03 a.m. The fire was put out at 5:57 a.m.
Senior Supt. Samuel Taneo, director of the Bureau of Fire and Protection in Central Visayas (BFP-7), said they were verifying reports that a lit cigarette or a faulty electrical wiring caused the fire.
“Everything is under investigation for now. We have not made any conclusions at this point,” said Tadeo in a radio interview over radio station dyAB. Investigators had yet to determine the cost of the damage.
The Cebu City Fire Department received the alarm at 4:57 a.m.
Firemen used their breathing apparatus in entering the basement of the hotel since it was filled with smoke when they arrived.
Hotel guests were advised through a phone call to calmly leave the building while firefighters were putting out the fire.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.