OIC city director vacates post ahead of Sinulog

By: Benjie B. Talisic January 15,2018 - 10:23 PM

GEÑORGA

Three days since he assumed the leadership of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO), S/Supt. Angeles Geñorga bid goodbye to his post on Monday to proceed to his new assignment as provincial director of the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO).

Geñorga is set to travel to Bohol province today to replace Police Senior Supt. Felipe Natividad who will also be getting a new assignment at the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Police Senior Supt. Julian Entoma, operations chief of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7), is expected to assume as CCPO officer-in-charge.

Geñorga assured Cebuanos that his reassignment will not in any way affect the security preparations of the solemn procession on Saturday and the Sinulog grand parade on Sunday.

C/Supt.Jose Mario Espino, PRO-7 director, is overseeing security preparations of the two important events that are expected to bring thousands of devotees and spectators to Cebu City.

Geñorgain lauded Cebuanos for the orderly hosting of the Sinulog sa Lalawigan and the Sinulog sa Barangay on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

“The route of the parade was orderly and well managed. The two-day Sinulog activities were generally peaceful. We had minor problems but these were all manageable,” he said.

Geñorga, who was previously assigned with the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) in Camp Crame, arrived in Cebu on Friday to take over the post vacated by CCPO director Joel Doria who is now enrolled in a short-term schooling in Japan.

Doria left Cebu on January 10 and is expected to be back in the city next month.

Geñorga said he was supposed to be headed for Bohol province, but since he was yet to receive his transfer order, he was temporarily detailed at CCPO.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: ahead, city, Director, OIC, post, Sinulog, vacates

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.