Coach Remolino rates S. Korea performance of Talisay triathlon team at 85%

By: Mars G. Alison June 25,2019 - 09:32 PM

Caption: Members of the Talisay Luigi Triathlon Group – Go For Gold (TLTG-GFG) together with the rest of the Philippine delegation in the 2019 Gyeongju ASTC Triathlon Asian Championship in South Korea. |Contributed Photo

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Talisay Luigi Triathlon Group – Go for Gold (TLTG-GFG) head coach Roland “Andoy” Remolino is happy with the performance of his athletes in the recently held 2019 Gyeongju ASTC Triathlon Asian Championship in South Korea.

However, in his assessement, he isn’t satisfied with the whole performance as it was lacking about 15 percent.

“Kuwang jud tungod sa race course ug sa climate didto, cguro kuwang mga 15 percent,” said Remolino, but he added that “pero happy ra gihapon, mga 85 percent lipay, 15% additional sa training.”

(It was really lacking because of the race course and the climate, perhaps it was lacking 15 percent but I’m still 85 percent happy, the other 15 percent will be for additional training.) 

The Talisay City, Cebu-based group was led by Remolino’s son, 19-year-old Andrew Kim Remolino, who ensured his slot to represent the Philippines in the 2019 Southeast Asian Games by being the first Filipino to cross the finish line in 17th place overall with a time of one hour, 59 minutes and 08 seconds in the Elite category.

Read more: Cebuano triathlete Andrew Kim Remolino poised to represent PH in SEA Games 

In the Under 23 Men’s, Renz Wynn Corbin and Alfred Pacabis II were the third and fourth Filipinos, respectively, to finish. 

Corbin was 21st overall with a time of 2:17:32 while Pacabis was 22nd overall after clocking 2:20:52.

In the Junior Elite Women, Nicole Marie Del Rosario was the second Filipino to cross the finish line, finishing 26th overall with her time of 1:11:59.

Charles Jeremiah Lipura was the fourth Filipino in the Junior Elite Men, finishing 37th overall after clocking 1:03:28. 

In the Under 15 Men, Matthew Hermosa placed fifth despite suffering from hypothermia as the water was freezing. He clocked 33:54 and had to be immediately brought to the hospital for immediate treatment.

In the distaff side, Moira Frances Erediano came in as the second Filipino. She was 13th overall with a time of 38:12.

In the PTS4, Alex Niño Silverio, who was the lone Filipino, finished 7th overall with his time of 1:21:14.

The team will be gearing up next for the Penong’s 5150 on July 7, 2019 in Davao City./dbs

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Andoy, Andrew Kim, Corbin, Del Rosario, Erediano, Gyeongju ASTC Triathlon Asian Championship, Hermosa, Lipura, Pacabis, Remolino, Silverio, South Korea, Talisay Luigi Triathlon Group-Go for Gold, TLTG-GFG

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.