Capitol OKs P37-M security pact
The Cebu provincial government is expected to award the P37 million security services contract to two agencies that won the bidding within the week, a Capitol official confirmed Monday.
The Cebu Provincial Board (PB) authorized Gov. Hilario Davide III to sign contracts with the successful bidders, Tactical Security Agency Inc. and GDS Detective Agency Inc.
“We will schedule a contract signing with the governor within this week. We’ll just wait for the Provincial Board resolution to come out,” said Jone Siegried Sepe, officer-in-charge of the Provincial General Services Office (PGSO).
The two agencies were recommended for post-qualification evaluation by the Capitol’s Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) last month after other bidders failed to follow the guidelines.
Sepe said one of the bidders, the Davao-based Cavaliers, filed sought reconsideration but Tactical still emerged with the winning bid.
Sepe said the two security agencies will immediately deploy security personnel in province-owned establishments and Capitol-owned properties this month.
He said the awarding of contract was made a “priority” of the BAC headed by Provincial Administrator Mark Tolentino following the looting of relief goods at the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC).
The PB unanimously approved the proposed resolution authorizing the governor to proceed with signing the contracts.
PB Member Christopher Baricuatro asked Sepe to assign security guards in a province-owned ancestral house in Dumanjug town, southern Cebu.
The BAC earlier split the one-year security services contract and decided to award it to two different companies, one for the north and another for the south.
The split was decided by the governor following the controversy that surrounded the previous round of bidding, and the temporary service of the Black Pearl Security Agency.
Area I with a budget of P21 million covers provincial facilities in northern Cebu City and the northern Cebu while Area II, with a contract price of P17 million, covers Capitol facilities in southern Cebu City and southern Cebu.
Capitol splits P37M security contract
Capitol cites 2 qualified security contractors
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.