Construction worker dies, others hospitalized after eating roasted pork in Cebu

By: Nestle Semilla - Reporter / @nestleCDN - | July 11,2023 - 04:22 PM

CEBU CITY — A construction worker died while 11 others were hospitalized after eating lechon in Sitio Mohon, Barangay Tutay, Pinamungajan town, west Cebu on Sunday, July 9.

Ryan Alquizar felt very weak until he died in the hospital on the same day, according to Maj. Gelfred Baroman, chief of the Pinamungajan Police Station.

Based on the initial investigation, Alquizar and a certain Jerry Pasignajen bought pork lechon from their site manager last July 8.

Each of them brought home one kilo of lechon to feed their respective families.

After dinner, the two and the other victims felt weak and were rushed to the Pinamungajan District Hospital.

The doctor who attended to the victims could not yet say whether or not there was food poisoning since the investigation is still ongoing.


8 cases of food poisoning in Central Visayas blamed on spoiled lechon

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: lechon, Pinamungajan

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.