Cebu Daily Newscast: Woman stabbed dead by man while walking on street in Negros Oriental
Listen to Cebu Daily Newscast and get the latest stories in and around Cebu.
Here’s what you need to know on Wednesday, September 6.
A woman was killed after she was stabbed by a man, who came out of nowhere, while she was walking along the street in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental. This was on Monday afternoon, September 4, 2023.
The stabbing attack happened at around 2:20 p.m., but this was reported to the Dumaguete City Police Station at around 3:10 p.m.
Police identified the woman-victim as Ginalyn Ortega, who was reportedly walking by herself when a man wearing a gray hooded jacket and black pants attacked her with a knife.
Police said the victim was able to walk a few steps before she eventually collapsed to the ground by the side of the road.
The Serbian Basketball Federation announced Monday, Sept. 4, that forward Borisa Simanic had lost one of his kidneys as the result of an injury sustained during a Fiba World Cup game against South Sudan.
Simanic had been operated on twice in Manila, the team said.
Team doctor Dragan Radovanovic said that additional complications presented themselves after the first surgery, requiring the second procedure on Sunday, Sept. 3, where the kidney was removed.
Serbia plays Lithuania in a World Cup quarterfinal on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Simanic was injured with just under 2 minutes left in Serbia’s win over South Sudan on Wednesday, August 30. South Sudan’s Nuni Omot was trying to score under the basket, elbowing Simanic in that process. Simanic yelled in obvious pain, then fell to his knees a few seconds later.
The rising number of rape cases in Cebu has alarmed officials of the Children’s Legal Bureau or the CLB, a non-profit organization in Cebu City.
Lawyer Noemi Truya-Abarientos, deputy executive director of CLB, said in a news forum on Tuesday, September 5, that rape cases could happen regardless of age.
Moreover, she said that it was alarming to know that only one out of 10 rape cases had been reported while the rest were not because these were usually incestuous in nature.
These are cases involving father and child, stepfather and child, uncle and child, and brother and victim.
The much-awaited dream wedding of Bea Alonzo and Dominic Roque may not push through next year.
The Kapuso actress have earlier confirmed that their wedding will happen next year but up until now, they haven’t decided yet on the date and venue.
In Bea’s new YouTube vlog entitled “Tipsy Q&A (#AskBea Late Night Edition),” she revealed a few details about the wedding and why she’s afraid that it will not push through next year.
The award-winning actress said that an intimate wedding, which was their original plan, would be impossible considering that both she and Dominic had many friends and as such they might need more time to plan everything.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.