Mandaue fire hits house, junk shop

By: Norman V. Mendoza June 27,2015 - 12:33 PM

The heavy downpour last Thursday night did not save a junk shop and house from a fire in barangay Basak, Mandaue City.

Electrical short circuit may have caused the fire that struck the house owned by Alvin Abayan, a 43-year-old businessman engaged in buying and selling scrap metals.

The fire then spread to a junk shop inside the 500-square meter compound where scrap metals are stored.

The fire also razed a Honda CRV vehicle, a motorcycle and a Canter truck, said SFO1 Cipriano Codilla.

Fire damage was estimated at P300,000.

The fire broke out at 11:35 p.m. and caused heavy traffic on M.C. Briones Highway.

The fire was contained in 25 minutes. It reignited at dawn but was immediately put out, said Codilla.

In barangay Cabancalan, a sports utility vehicle was damaged after it caught fire past 9 a.m. Thursday.

Police said Rogelio Fernandez had just left home when smoke came out from the vehicle’s hood.

With the help of some residents, the fire was put out.

Electrical short circuit was believed to have caused the fire. Damage was reported at P20,000.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: barangay Basak, Mandaue City, Mandaue fire

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.