cdn mobile

4 kids confined after eating lechon

By: Melissa Q. Cabahug August 14,2015 - 09:31 AM

lechonFour children in Tudela town, Camotes island were hospitalized after eating lechon or roasted pig whose meat may have been spoiled.

The children, aged 3, 5 and 12, said the pork had an unpleasant smell and was half cooked. They were confined in the Ricardo Maningo Memorial Hospital in San Francisco town last Wednesday , said Dr. Mario Juyag, assistant provincial health officer of the Provincial Health Office (PHO). said

A total of 50 persons from barangay Poblacion, Tudela town also suffered from stomachache and diarrhea. Most of the victims are construction workers.

One patient  showed signs of amoebiasis after an initial test was conducted yesterday.

The PHO willsend a  team today to get water samples and a  sample of the pork meat which was brought from a civic center of barangay Poblacion.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Camotes, Cebu, diarrhea, food, food poisoning, health, Tudela

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.