Boy electrocuted in tuburan town

By: Rene F. Alima August 24,2016 - 10:47 PM

A FIVE-YEAR-OLD boy was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a fish net attached to a live wire around 5 p.m. last Tuesday in Barangay Marmol, Tuburan town, northwest Cebu.

Kevin Montebon was already dead when brought to Tuburan District Hospital.

PO2 Jennefere Canal of Tuburan Police Station said that prior to the incident, Ronald Balbuena, 22; Rommel Capala, 21; and Kerwin Lebrea, 31, and Jason Montebon, both residents in the area, were catching fish using a net attached to a live wire.

The electricity shocked the fish, allowing the suspects to easily catch them. After catching fish, the suspects called the victim and his 7-year-old brother Edrian as they would give them fish. Kevin, however, accidentally touched the live wire and got electrocuted. Both suspects were arrested by the police.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: electrocuted, electrocution, Tuburan

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.