Pagasa: Shear line to bring scattered rain showers in parts of Luzon, Visayas
MANILA, Philippines — The shear line will bring cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms in parts of Luzon and Visayas on Thursday, Febreuary 3, 2022, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
Based on Pagasa’s forecast, this weather condition due to the shear line, or the convergence of the northeast monsoon, locally termed amihan, and easterlies will be experienced in Bicol Region, Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, Marinduque, Aklan, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, and Samar province.
It also showed that Davao Region, Caraga, and Sarangani will have overcast skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms due to the easterlies or warm winds coming from the Pacific Ocean.
Metro Manila and the rest of the country, it added, will have partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers due to easterlies and localized thunderstorms.
“‘Yung amihan ay hindi umaabot sa ating bansa pero inaasahan na bukas ay muling magbabalik at makaapekto sa ating bansa, at maaaring Luzon at Visayas ang maaapektuhan nito,” explained Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio.
(The northeast monsoon is not reaching the country but we expect that tomorrow, it will begin to influence the weather again and may affect Luzon and Visayas.)
Meanwhile, the state weather bureau issued the following temperature range forecast in key cities or areas for Thursday:
- Metro Manila: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 15 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 21 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.