EOC: Only 16 out of 27 brgys in Mandaue have COVID cases

By: Mary Rose Sagarino - Multimedia Correspondent - CDN Digital | March 22,2022 - 08:30 AM
EOC ON MANDAUE'S COVID SITUATION. Dr. Ligaya Lakambini Dargantes, deputy chief of the city's Emergency Operations Center, says only 16 barangays in the city have COVID-19 cases. | Mary Rose Sagarino

Dr. Ligaya Lakambini Dargantes, deputy chief of the city’s Emergency Operations Center, says  that the city’s positivity rate as of March 21 is 1.91 percent. | Mary Rose Sagarino

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — There are now only 16 out of the 27 barangays in Mandaue City that have remaining active cases of COVID-19.

The 16 barangays are Banilad, Basak, Cabancalan, Cambaro, Canduman, Casili, Cubacub, Ibabao-Estancia, Jagobiao, Maguikay, Mantuyong, Paknaan Subangdaku, Tabok, Tipolo, and Umapad.

On the other hand, the 11 barangays with no reported COVID-19 cases are Alang-alang, Bakilid, Casuntingan, Centro, Guizo, Labogon, Looc, Opao, Pagsabungan, Tawason, and Tingub.

Dr. Ligaya Lakambini Dargantes, deputy chief of the city’s Emergency Operations Center, said the 16 barangays only had a few remaining COVID-19 cases with the majority having only one active case.

Mandaue City only has 43 COVID-19 active cases as shown on the March 20 data of the Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7).

Dargantes of the EOC said the city’s positivity rate was currently at 1.91 percent a bit lower than last month’s 3 percent.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a positivity rate of five percent and lower indicates that coronavirus transmission is under control.

Dargantes said that as of Monday, only one patient remained in the city’s isolation facility.

Even though the cases and patients admitted at the isolation units were decreasing, Dargantes said they would maintain the isolation units.

Currently, the city is only using the facility across the Mandaue City hospital. The Norkis Park and Mandaue City Isolation Center (MCIC) located at the Cebu Northbus Terminal in Barangay Subangdaku were under repair because of the damage caused by super typhoon Odette.

Despite these development, Dargantes is reminding residents not to be complacent and to always follow the health protocols. 

The EOC deputy director for operations is encouraging those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to get themselves tested or isolated. Mandaue City continues to offer free swab testing at the MCIC, however, they have yet to accept walk-ins, for those who wanted to be tested can register online.

Unvaccinated individuals are also encouraged to get the vaccine.

RELATED STORIES

PH COVID-19 cases drop by 22% – OCTA Research

Mandaue City brings vax drive closer to sitio residents

Mandaue Health Office wants inventory on vaccinated, unvaccinated individuals

Mandaue City inoculates more than 1K kids

/dbs

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: 16 barangays, and Umapad, Banilad, Basak, Cabancalan, cambaro, Canduman, Casili, Cebu‬, Cebu Daily News, cebu news, COVID-19, Cubacub, Ibabao-Estancia, Jagobiao, Maguikay, Mandaue City, Mantuyong, Paknaan Subangdaku, Tabok, Tipolo

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.