CEBU CITY, Philippines — Are you still about to register your SIM card before the July 25, 2023 deadline?
Here are the steps on how to do this!
First, you will have to access the SIM registration website of your service provider (e.g. Globe, Smart, and Dito).
Second, you will be asked to enter your 10-digit mobile number and click the “Register” button.
If you are eligible to register, you will receive a One Time Pin or OTP text message on your mobile phone.
Afterward, you just have to enter the 6-digit OTP on the registration website.
You should make sure to do it quickly as the OTP expires in five minutes.
Once your OTP is validated, you can already proceed with the registration.
You will be asked to enter all the required information, including your complete name, birth date, gender, address, and nationality.
Then, you will have to select the type of valid ID you wish to submit or upload as proof of identity and you will be asked to take a selfie with your ID for validation purposes.
The following are the accepted IDs:
- National ID
- Social Security Service ID
- Government Service Insurance System e-Card
- Driver’s License
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms’ License to Own and Possess ID
- Professional Regulation Commission ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID
- Bureau of Internal Revenue ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Unified Multi-Purpose Identification Card
- Person with Disabilities Card
- Other government-issued ID with photo
Just click the “attach” button to upload a copy of your valid government ID and then tick the checkbox to agree with your service’s Privacy Notice and Attestation of Completeness and Accuracy.
By this time, you are ready to click the “Submit” button to finish the registration process.
Expect a reference number to appear on your screen to signify completion of registration and please keep that reference number as proof that you have already registered your SIM card.