Borbon accident: 2 construction workers electrocuted, suffer 3rd degree burns
Victims were installing a gutter on a roof which accidentally touched a high-voltage wire
CEBU CITY, Philippines — Two construction workers suffered third degree burns in their bodies after they were electrocuted when the gutter of the roof that they were working on touched a high voltage wire.
The accident happened at past 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 17, in Sitio Galaban. Barangay Poblacion, Borbon town in northern Cebu.
Borbon accident victims
Authorities identified the victims as 33-year-old Enucincio Cañete, and 20-year-old Christian Presillas.
Both victims are from Barangay Muabog, Tabogon town in northern Cebu.
Initial investigation showed that the victims, who were construction workers, were installing a gutter on the roof of the structure, when the gutter they both were holding accidentally touched a high-voltage wire, causing them to fall to the ground.
Borbon accident victims’ injuries
Both victims suffered injuries and were brought to the Sogod District Hospital for treatment.
Authorities said that the attending physician, Dr. Jojie Padilla diagnosed the victims as suffering from acute septic shock secondary to electrocution with third degree burns on their bodies.
Transfer to Cebu City hospital
Padilla advised the victims to be transferred to a Cebu City hospital for further treatment.
Borbon town is a fourth class municipality of the province of Cebu, which is situated approximately 80 kilometers northeast of Cebu City.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.