Malik’s image removed from One Direction opening tour video
Zayn Malik’s face has already been removed from a video montage of One Direction.
The singer, who quit the band last week, has been digitally removed from the opening video played at their concerts.
Fans in Johannesburg, South Africa, noticed the absence of Malik not only on stage but also on the event visuals at the first gig since his departure, according to The Independent.
Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson are reported to have picked up Malik’s solos at Soccer City stadium.
Malik announced that he was leaving One Direction on March 25, saying that he wants to be “a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.”
Meanwhile, Malik has been advised to “leave an open door” with his One Direction bandmates by Justin Timberlake’s manager.
Johnny Wright, who has managed the careers of boybands including the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC and the Jonas Brothers, told Billboard that he would urge the singer not to cut ties with One Direction entirely.
“My advice to him would be to always leave an open door with the band, so that there’s time for him to develop and find himself, but always leave that door open so that he can come back,” he said.
“As for how he might come back, if that’s what he wants to do, it all comes down to the kind of record he decides to make.”
Wright added that there is no “blueprint” for Malik to follow when progressing in his career but said that there are some important steps he should take.
“If he goes solo, I’d say make a great record, be humble and put in the work. Keep your doors open, take the time you need and make sure that if you decide to come back that you’re coming back for the right reasons—not money or fame,” he said.
Wright added that he does not think Malik’s departure will cause a huge problem for the rest of the group if they wish to continue.
“I wouldn’t feel worried about their success moving forward unless they did something drastic that actually turned off their fans,” he said.
“As far as them moving forward, the band is the band and as long as it continues to put on great shows and put out great music, I think the fans will be okay with it.” (INTERNET SOURCE)
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.