Alert Level 1: Cebu City establishments to return to 100% capacity

By: Morexette Marie B. Erram - CDN Digital | March 16,2022 - 01:01 PM
Alert Level 3

High-rise buildings over Cebu City. CDN Digital photo | Brian J. Ochoa

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Establishments here can return to accommodating guests at a 100 percent capacity, the city government announced.

The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) of Cebu City announced on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, that businesses will be allowed to operate at a 100-percent capacity. 

“Pwede na (sila mubalik sa 100 percent capacity). We give that latitude but then again they can go what is being provided for,” said Councilor Joel Garganera, head of the EOC. 

On top of this, business owners were also told to come up with policies in self-regulating their operations.  

On Wednesday, Mayor Michael Rama held another closed-door ‘convergence’ meeting to discuss measures to be implemented now that Cebu City is under Alert Level 1, the most relaxed form of quarantine classification. 

Garganera said all sectors in the city welcomed the development. 

“Nagpasalamaton kaayo. In fact, we were very confident earlier last week nga madeescalate ta… This is an achievement wherein kitang tanan nakakooperar,” he added. 

Despite further easement of restrictions, city officials continue to remind the public to always observe minimum health protocols. 

“As we increase our capacity, our movement, mao nay tahas run subay sa bottoms-up guidelines nga gihatag sa mayor. Dili pwede nga ang mga tawo mutubay lang sa protocol ug naay mga tawo sa gobyerno nga maoy mu-oversee. So, this is now a shared responsibility,” Garganera pointed out. 

Cebu City was the sole addition in the list of areas placed under Alert Level 1 from Central Visayas. The province of Siquijor has been downgraded to such status since March 1.

/bmjo

RELATED STORIES

Metro Manila, 47 other areas under COVID-19 Alert Level 1 from March 16-31

Cebu needs to vaccinate 80% of seniors if it wants to shift to Alert Level 1 

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Alert Level 1, Cebu City, Cebu Daily News, cebu news, Councilor Joel Garganera, EOC

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.