Today, September 16, 2021, marks the 100th-day countdown before Christmas, and for SM Supermalls, it is the first day for their Christmas giving nationwide campaign – 100 ways of caring and giving.
As the company with over 76 malls all over the country reminds Filipinos that giving and sharing is the best way to show your genuine care, the firm is leading the celebration of the Christmas season as it shares blessings to 100 beneficiaries for each mall from Luzon to Mindanao.
In the hopes of inspiring more Filipinos to give and share their blessings to families in need this Christmas, SM Supermalls also wants to encourage others to show the spirit of Christmas by donating to frontliners, delivery riders, senior citizens, drivers, and service personnel.
SM Supermalls President, Steven Tan said during a virtual launching of the campaign on Thursday, September 16, that “many need a hero today, and this can be you.”
Tan also said that as they pledged to give to those who would most need these gifts and as they lend a helping hand to those who were most affected by the pandemic, they were also giving back to everyday heroes like delivery riders, essentials workers, and frontliners.
“I encourage you to be someone’s hero today, when the opportunity comes to you to help, don’t hesitate,“ Tan added.
Over the past year, SM Supermalls has accomplished and has helped many organizations through their SM Cares and SM Foundation efforts, and this Christmas, the 100 ways of showing and caring is just one of the ways to spread their love and care to all Filipinos.
To kickstart the Christmas countdown, SM pledges to donate to over 10,000 beneficiaries, namely communities in need, hardworking SM employees, medical frontliners, and dedicated delivery partners, among others.
Secretary of the Department of Tourism, Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, also gave a short message during the virtual launching, saying that may more Filipinos be inspired with the new tradition of SM Malls – the 100 days of caring and giving.
“One simple gesture of caring can give hope… may you be inspired to help,” Romulo-Puyat added.
Doctor Gia Sison, a Wellness expert, also gave a short presentation on why giving was beneficial.
Sison said that people needed us more now and there were mental health and community benefits of giving.
At SM Supermalls, the most uplifting way to best celebrate the season is through their “100 Days of Caring and Giving” featuring 100 days of spreading love, thoughtfulness, and care for one another and for the communities surrounding everyone’s favorite SM Malls.
Some of the beneficiaries and SM Supermalls partner malls are as follows:
- SM North EDSA will give 100 pairs of World Balance comfort slides to seniors of Graces Home for the Elderly in Quezon City.
- SM Megamall, The Podium, and SM Center Pasig chose delivery partners, the unsung heroes – the delivery riders, who will be recipients of 100 raincoats and rain boots .
- From SM Mall of Asia, 100 sets of care packages like face masks, face shields, Ensure milk, vitamins, supplements, and more will be handed over to senior citizens within Pasay City, frontliners, and delivery riders.
- SM Southmall and SM Aura chose SOS Children’s Village to receive the various stories and educational books.
- Metro Manila and Rizal malls chose several orphanages, namely: Association De Damas Filipinas, Bahay Aruga, White Cross Orphanage, and The Little Children’s Home to receive 100 toys and essential goods each, especially prepared by SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM City Taytay and SM Center Angono.
- In North Luzon, 100 Aeta families from Zambales and Tarlac will be given grocery packs by SM City Olongapo Downtown, SM City Olongapo Central, and SM City Tarlac; fishermen in Pangasinan will be given fishing supplies by SM City Rosales, SM City Urdaneta Central, and SM Center Dagupan.
- SM City Bacoor will give 100 braille books to the Deaf & Blind Foundation Philippines.
- In the Visayas, SM City Cebu, SM City Consolacion, SM Seaside City Cebu will bring smiles to kids of Kythe Foundation with 100 toys and food packs, livelihood packages to fishermen in Consolacion, while SM City Iloilo will give 100 25kg sacks of rice to healthcare and peace & order frontliners. SM City Puerto Princesa, on the other hand, will have 100 grocery bags for displaced tourism personnel.
- SM City Davao and SM Lanang Premier will be handing out 100 farming tools to local farmers; while SM City Butuan will be giving 100 Fiesta Food Packs to Por Cristo Foundation, Inc.
SM Malls also invited three divas – Rahda, Frenchie, and Bituin Escalante, for the virtual event who serenaded the online viewers.
They were also joined by 100 artists, singers, and SM employees, and stakeholders who came together to sing What The World Needs Now Is Love.
For more information, visit www.smsupermalls.com and follow @smsupermalls on all social media accounts.